- All curricular programs should have access to grade-level, quality reading material essential for student learning and achievement.
- Access to a Library Media Center promotes a life-long love of reading.
- Library Media Centers should maintain a collection of current books and media
- The Library Media Center is the core of the school and should maintain open communication with teachers, staff, students and community.
- Technology is an integral part of students' daily lives and their future success.
- A partnership with teachers and parents will ensure that the curricular needs of all students are supported
- Library Media Centers should be student-friendly with an inviting atmosphere that will inspire students to read.
- Library Media Centers should be staffed with a full-time certified library media specialist, a full-time library teaching assistant, and additional staffing based upon population and need.
- Our patron base includes students, their parents, staff, and volunteers working with our children in school.
- Librarians and Library Media Centers help students and teachers connect with information and ideas that promote thoughtful inquiry and problem-based learning opportunities.
- Equitable program funding should be based upon populations and available to all Library Media Centers.
- Bringing professionals in from the global community enriches students' education by giving them an authentic connection to the world around.